News

 

Chimney fire spurs townhouse evacuation downtown

A few town homes in the City's downtown had to be evacuated Saturday evening because of a chimney fire

Ottawa fire crews got the call around 7:30 p.m. for the home on Bolton Street. Crews evacuated the row of four homes and the fire was put out shortly after.

Crews inspected the chimney, attic and surrounding walls visually and with a thermal imaging camera to make sure the blaze hadn't spread to other units.

The cause is undetermined but the home owner has been told to have the chimney inspected and cleaned before using it again.

There is $200 dollars in damage to the home, mainly the drywall.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!