News

 

Pot on the Stove cause of Kitchen Fire

A kitchen fire has been quickly taken care of says the Ottawa Fire Service.

They say they received multiple 911 calls at around 12:30 this morning, reporting a fire in an apartment at 705 Beauparc Private off of Cyrville Road.

Firefighters say when they arrived on scene, smoke was visible from the window of the unit.

They report it was a pot on the stove on fire, that had extended to the microwave.

After the fire was extinguished, the building was ventilated, and people have been allowed back into their homes.

Damages are estimated at $2000.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!