OC Transpo officials are sifting through thousands of incident reports from 2012 and 2013, in an effort to possibly increase security at certain stations and stops.
"They're going to lift the data off of that in terms of what the incidents were, where they were located, what time, we're looking for trends and so forth that we can give to OPS (Ottawa Police Services) to help us analyze that," Transit Manager John Manconi told reporters on Wednesday.
Manconi said last year alone saw 20,000 calls for service, and they'll be part of a database that will help with a deployment strategy for OC Transpo special constables.
"And then we will also have the website up and running in the near future so you can do online reporting, like other jurisdictions have done," he added.
Anti-harassment advocates have criticized OC Transpo over the last year for what they said was a slow response to a string of assaults near transit stations, and a lack of focus on certain safety-related initiatives.
Manconi maintained safety is the number one priority for the transit agency.