Fire sends 92-year-old woman to hospital

A 92-year-old woman has been taken to the hospital from a fire at a Barrhaven home.

Firefighters stormed into her 23 Raftus Square home this afternoon, finding the senior under the table in the kitchen.

She's being treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire was under control by about 4:10 with flame damage confined to the living room, however heavy smoke went through the home.

A man was treated on scene for smoke inhalation after making a rescue attempt.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!