News

 

Kitchen fire ruins home in Orleans

Firefighters battled a blaze in Orleans that left a home with $100,000 in damage on Saturday.

Crews contained the fire to the kitchen, where it originated from a pot left on the stove.

There are no injuries from the blaze that was reported around 1:30 p.m. Saturday at 1081 Taffy Lane. The homeowner called 911 reporting heavy smoke inside the house - they were calling from a neighbour's home.

Fire crews had the blaze under control by 2 p.m.

Investigators are working on the scene.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!