News

 

Dozens of children exposed to "abrasive contaminant" at Carling Avenue hotel

No one is seriously hurt after dozens of people were exposed to what firefighters are calling an abrasive contaminant in the pool area at the Travelodge on Carling Avenue near Kirkwood Avenue.

Emergency crews, including a hazardous materials team, were called to the hotel around 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

Marc Messier with Ottawa Fire tells CFRA 40 guests, most of them children, were experiencing symptoms consistent with chlorine exposure.

Ottawa Paramedics said all of the patients who were brought to hospital were in stable condition. Most were treated at the hotel.

Marc Messier with Ottawa Fire said hotel staff had been treating the pool and caused some sort of chemical reaction.

He added the pool area has been ventilated and the chlorine levels appear to be normal.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!