News

 

Ottawa fire crews extinguish kitchen fire in Kanata

Grocery bags set on the stovetop are the cause of a fire in Kanata that resulted in $125,000 in damage.

Ottawa Fire says they were called out to 529 Pepperville Crescent around 4:15 Sunday afternoon, and crews put the blaze out within 15 minutes with no injuries reported.

The investigation revealed the residents had just returned from grocery shopping, and set some bags on the stove.

The contents of a bag hit the knob for one of the stove top elements, turning it on.

The residents heard the smoke alarm, and tried to put out the fire with an extiguisher, but had to call 911.

The blaze was contained to the kitchen... but there was smoke damage throughout the home.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!