News

 

Unattended cooking blamed for Overbrook apartment fire

A 19-year-old woman is being treated for smoke inhalation following an apartment fire on Donald Street in Overbrook early Wednesday morning.

The woman, who was a guest in the fourth floor unit, called 9-1-1 around 12:30 a.m.; she says she left a pot on the stove.

The blaze was contained to the kitchen, but there's smoke damage throughout the apartment.

Damage is pegged at $50,000.

The woman was taken to hospital, but she's expected to be released shortly.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!