News

 

Orleans chimney fire displaces two

Two Orleans residents are homeless following a chimney fire at a home on Bromont Way.

Firefighters were called to the scene around 11 a.m. Thursday; it took them about an hour to get the flames under control.

Crews had to open up walls and ceilings near the chimney to put out the blaze, which had spread to the basement and the second floor.

Damage is pegged at $220,000.

No one is hurt.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!