News

 

Cardboard boxes the culprit in early morning Market fire

Ottawa Fire says cardboard boxes are responsible for a bit of fire and smoke in the Byward Market Tuesday morning.

Crews were called to the William Street side of the Byward Market Building shortly before 3:00 a.m. on reports of a trash fire.

Neat piles of corrugated cardboard lined the street, but only one of them went up in smoke. There's no word on how.

The boxes were quickly doused. Some smoke got into the building, but crews ventilated it out.

No one was hurt.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!