News

 

One displaced after Donald Street kitchen fire

Living arrangements are being made for one person, who has been displaced after a fire on Donald Street.

Fire crews were called to 255 Donald, a lowrise community housing complex, around 11:41 p.m. Monday. Heavy smoke was found on the second floor.

Crews contained the fire to one unit, and put it out quickly. It appears to have been caused by a pot on the stove, and spread to the cupboards and refrigerator.

Damages are estimated at $35,000.

No one was hurt.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!