News

 

Smoking in bed blamed for Lincoln Heights-area mattress fire

A mattress fire in the Lincoln Heights area is being blamed on smoking in bed.

Firefighters were called to an apartment building on McEwen Avenue around 8:20 a.m. Monday.

The blaze was quickly put out while the woman living in the 11th-floor unit was assessed for minor smoke inhalation; a neighbour had already taken her down to the lobby before firefighters arrived on scene.

Damage is pegged at $10,000.

The tenant has been displaced, but the property manager is offering her another place to stay.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!