News

 

Couple accused of sexually assaulting teen girls out on bail

An Ottawa couple accused of sexually assaulting two teenaged girls and holding them captive over the May long-weekend, has been granted bail.

Caroline Budd, 20, and Anthony Comunale, 31, appeared in court for a bail hearing Friday morning.

The two were told not to have any contact with the either victim or one-another. Budd must abide by a 10pm curfew and attend counselling as suggested by her mother and step-father; Comunale has an 11pm curfew.

Both are not to smoke marijuana.

The judge says the two are not a threat to society and all the requirements to release them have been met.

Wearing a black zip-up hoodie and a white t-shirt, Comunale spoke softly when the judge granted him bail.

His co-accused, Budd, wearing a red checkered blazer and navy t-shirt appeared nervous as she accepted the judge's decision.

Police allege the couple held two 16-year-old girls against their will at Budd's house, assaulting them with a ruler and a sex toy.

Budd and Comunale are due back in court July 14.

The pair had been in custody since being arrested on May 28. They're charged with two counts of sexual assault, assault with a weapon and forcible confinement.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!