News

 

Unattended pot to blame for east end blaze: Ottawa Fire

Investigators say a blaze in the east end that left two adults and two children homeless was sparked by a pot left on the stove.

Ottawa Fire spokesperson Marc Messier says a resident at 2440 Autumn Hill Cres. had been sterilizing baby bottles late Monday afternoon when they got called away to a family emergency.

They noticed the fire when they got home.

One person has been treated for minor smoke inhalation.

Damage is pegged at $100,000.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!