News

 

Three displaced in Prince Albert Street fire

One woman and two boys, aged 5 and 7, have been displaced, after a kitchen fire tore through their home on Prince Albert Street.

The Red Cross and the Salvation Army were called in to help.

Fire crews were called to the home at 358 Prince Albert just before 6:00 p.m. Saturday. While the residents were able to get out, a bull mastiff was stuck inside.

A neighbour was able to rescue the dog, and crews treated it with oxygen.

Police were called in to assist with crowd control.

Paramedics brought a 68-year-old woman to hospital with minor smoke inhalation and treated a firefighter for carbon monixide and smoke inhalation.

Damages are estimated at $275,000.

Prince Albert Street is closed between Francis and Naughton.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!