The Sir John Carling Building is being demolished by controlled implosion between 6:00 and 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
The City says the following roads in the area will be closed:
- Carling Avenue from Irving Street to Preston Street
- Preston Street from Carling Avenue to Prince of Wales Drive
- Prince of Wales Drive from Preston Street to the National Capital
Commission Scenic Driveway
- Maple Drive from Carling Avenue to Birch Drive
- Birch Drive from Maple Drive to the National Capital Commission
- Bayswater Avenue from Carling Avenue to Sherwood Drive
- Loretta Avenue from Carling Avenue to Hickory Street
- Champagne Avenue from Carling Avenue to Hickory Street
You are invited to see the implosion if you want. The city says there's a safe viewing area at Commissioner's Park at Dow's Lake.
The entire affair is expected to last only a few seconds. All roads are expected to re-open by 7:30 a.m.
The Sir John Carling Building has stood at the corner of Carling and Prince of Wales since 1967, and served as the headquarters of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.