News

 

Townhouse fire on Meadowlands likely started after stove left on

Ottawa Fire says it appears that a stove left on when no one was home led to a fire Saturday evening at a townhouse at 1331 Meadowlands Drive East.

The fire department says it appears the fire began in the kitchen area and it is believed that the stove may have been left on.

The four people living in the townhouse unit were not in the residence when the fire broke out shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday.

The damages have been estimated at $100-thousand the occupants have been displaced.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!