News

 

Discarded cigarette blamed for fire at Black Dog Bistro in Manotick

A discarded cigarette is being identified as the cause of a fire that occurred Sunday at Manotick's Black Dog Bistro at 5540 Manotick Main Street.

Ottawa Fire Services says it received a call around 125 p.m. from a passerby who noticed black smoke coming from the building.

The fire was on the outside deck area of the restaurant and crews were able to bring it quickly under control.

No one was injured and the damage is estimated at 5 to 10-thousand dollars.

Bistro staff said they would be open for business as usual on Monday, beginning at 1130 a.m.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!