News

 

Woman displaced after microwave fire

Ottawa Fire says a woman has been forced out of her apartment after a microwave fire on Richmond Road early Monday morning.

The Red Cross and the Salvation Army have been called in to help.

Crews were called to a highrise at 1320 Richmond around 12:30 a.m. Monday, for a fire in an eighth floor unit.

Crews found the fire and quickly put it out.

No one was hurt.

But the fire did cause about $10,000 in damage.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!