Paramedics said 25 summer camp attendees and six adults are likely suffering food poisoning after they all reported feeling ill and vomiting about an hour after finishing their lunch.
Everyone ate the same meal at the summer camp which was being held at Saint Cecilia Catholic School in Barrhaven.
Catholic School Board spokesperson Mardi de Kemp tells CFRA News the camp was run by a private organization and the food was provided by a local restaurant.
Paramedics said the building was evacuated at the first sign of symptoms which was around 3:15. The building was then tested for dangerous gases but Ottawa Fire were able to rule out carbon monoxide and gases as the source.
The children are between the ages of 5 and 13. Six were transported to CHEO.
Ottawa Public Health has been called in to investigate.