Police have seized a loaded handgun after responding to a disturbance downtown.
Police say they were called to the intersection of Rideau Street and Dalhousie at 1:08 a.m. Saturday morning. They spoke to one of the men involved and discovered he had a warrant of apprehension for a parole violation.
Upon further investigation, police found a loaded 9mm handgun concealed on the man.
27-year-old Ismail Ismail was arrested and charged with the following charges:
- Use, handle store firearms carelessly
- Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace
- Carry Concealed Weapon
- Possess prohibited firearm without holding a licence and registration certificate
- Possess prohibited firearm knowingly not holding a licence
- Occupy motor vehicle with firearm
- Possess loaded regulated firearm
- Possess firearm obtained by crime
- Possess firearm while prohibited (2 counts)
- Cause a disturbance by fighting/shouting/swearing
- Obstrust/Resist a Peace Officer
He'll be in court Saturday morning.