News

 

Kitchen fire sends woman to hospital with smoke inhalation

A woman was transported to hospital Saturday afternoon, after suffering smoke inhalation in a kitchen fire in her apartment unit.

Ottawa paramedics and fire crews arrived at 69 Putman Avenue, off Beechwood Avenue, around 5:30 p.m. Upon smelling smoke from the unit, firefighters broke down the door and rescued the woman.

The fire was caused by something left cooking on the stove, unattended.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here!